Sunday, May 3, 2009

She's A Survivor

I was truly honored that my event planning company was asked to host a "Survivor's" Party or Bash. It was in honor of my friend First Lady Gloria Smalls. It never ceases to amaze me at how diligently she's believed God's word through this entire process. You know somethings never affect you until they hit home and her being pronounced with cancer and then God healing her really took a toll on me. I first was in deep denial because she would always look herself. She was never complaining about pain or kemo and her hair was still healthy and full.

Then all of a sudden, she started to loose her hair and that's when it became real to me. I can't imagine what goes on in the mind of someone who has to loose their hair and even their breast or other parts but I do know that God is faithful. I've lost a few things on my walk (including some body things) and all I could do in the process was praise God because I didn't loose my life.Life is a valuable thing. When God gives us His breathe daily, sometimes we become ungrateful as if we are causing ourselves to breathe.

It's vitally important that we thank God for every breath and that we get busy. Whether you live or die, live or die doing the will of God; the will that was set in place for your life. Gloria was so happy to have all her family, friends, and folks around last night. You could see her will not only to survive but to do the will of God for her life, while she has life.

So to all of my sisters out there who has experienced that spirit called cancer.....Praise God that He is still a healer and find someone else to encourage. All sickness is not until death.....and some God allows to show you that you weren't really living. Now live and survive..the best is yet to come.I love you wonderful woman of GodDanyelle Scroggins

No comments: