Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Soul That Never Dies

I saw a corpse today that reminded me of a man I loved and knew but as I glared with tears in my eyes and pain stricken in my heart....I realize there lies the shell of a man whose soul shall never die. Not because he was such a good, kind, loving man but because he simply said, "Today, I asked the Lord to save my soul."

Words that will forever be etched in my memory along with the awesome things he did for me and my siblings growing up....words that will surely make me live each day a life in preparation for a soul that shall never die. Just on the other evening I had a dream about a deceased young man who while in the casket could find no rest. He turned and twisted as if he was fighting the sleep that was now upon him. I said in the dream why is it he can't find any rest and his mother answered and said to me, "Because he didn't prepare to die." I woke up in prayer because for the third time in the past year God has given me the same vision but a different person. I ultimately just said, "Lord, please save me and if for a lack of judgment on my part that I've forgotten to repent, please forgive me for my sins and restore me under the provision of your sacrificial grace and powerful mercy. Lord teach me to make wise decisions for each day and please save my soul so that when I sleep, I can truly be at rest."

Then folks, as I sat at the funeral today and saw a body that rested.....I heard...but what about those who aren't prepared to sleep. You know who you are and it is my goal and purpose to say to you this day...."Choose you now whom you will serve...will it be God or man?" Salvation is but a gift and it comes with no stipulations. You won't automatically do everything right, are turn into Mr. or Mrs. Goodie Two Shoe. Everyday with the help of the Spirit of God that dwells and empowers you at your first confession, you will become the manifestion of what God purposed you to be. You'll learn to live without some things, and to live whole heartedly for the right things. It takes time and a willing soul.

I fight the fight so strong and hard because it has been given to me to ensure that souls never die. So as you do, live, walk, talk, and breathe...do it with the certainty that your body is the house for a soul that will never die. Have faith in God, take care of yourself, believe in yourself, believe that all things are possible for you, repent for the things that go against the Word of God; the sins committed in your flesh, grow, learn, and remember always to pray. My lines of communication are always opened if you need information of giving your life to God through firm belief in Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Love Always, DanyelleIn Memory of Uncle Phillip Brown Jr. (Rest In Peace!)

No comments: