Friday, December 5, 2008

Special Thanks

I would like to send out special thanks to all of you who listened in on blog talk radio with Shawneda Marks and myself. I pray that you were touched in some way or another. The show was only great if someone listening heard a word that will help in their present situation.
My daughter Raiyawna was so excited that mom was on. She said after the show that she just wanted other young ladies to know what I've taught her concerning sex before marriage. I'm so proud of her and you'd never know how great it makes me feel to have curved her and her sister from the things that I did. All I wanted was for my girls to know that their bodies are the temple for the Holy Spirit! Maybe you can take this approach instead of the "if you do it you could get pregnant" approach.
Many have survived through teen pregnancy and Raiyawna was the product of a pregnant seventeen year old. So, I knew that I couldn't sway her by saying you don't need to have sex because you could get pregnant. All she had to say was, "Mom I turned out good. I'm a average 4.2 student who's now majoring in Biology. I'm in college planning ..ing and you didn't even do that." So I went at it at a different angle. I told them that Christ (on the inside) gets disturbed when he crosses paths with all these different spirits being put in you by someone else. Might sound crazy, but it worked. Dobrielle (my other daughter) will be sixteen on January 3rd, and she's still a virgin.
All you have to do is love your girls!!!!!! We must love them enough to keep them from going through all the heartache we went through. We must love them enough to give them back to the Lord, so that He can work a work in them that will eventually shine through them.
Again, I thank you for sharing in the blog talk show with me last night. I truly thank God for Shawneda Marks and as you start your day, those of you who know the words of prayer (the prayers of the righteous availeth much), pray that her show grows and goes to the next level.
Be blessed, Danyelle

No comments: