Monday, December 29, 2008

Companionship:Needed or Necessary----Help Desk

It's nice to have company but every now in then, don't you just want to be by yourself. I found that when I wasn't married, I could lay before God and pray all night if I wanted too. Now, I have to be mindful of my husband's needs. So in reality, the cares of the single woman really should be centered around how she can please the Lord.

I know, everybody does want a little company every now and then. I know people who don't even like to sit on the toilet unless they're talking on the phone. So can you see how company can get in the way of meditation and prayer. It's those moments that you're all alone that you can really get a word in to God. I tell my members to take a bible in the bathroom. You're always searching for something to read while you're there. Why not take the time to read your word?

Now if you're going to be a companion to someone, please be a good companion. The bible says, "In order to gain friends, you must show yourself as a friend." There's nothing like good companionship. Good companionship is those folks who God has sent into your life; whether it's a husband, a guy friend, or a girl friend. Successful relationships are built upon love. So successful relationships are built on Christ; because Christ is Love.

No comments: