Saturday, January 10, 2009

An Awakening Day

Today was filled with so many mixed emotions for me..... 1st I went to the funeral of my second grade teacher Ms. Helen Horton. Ms. Horton wasn't your average second grade teacher...she was the kind of teacher-mother combo that you'd love to hate but couldn't. With her mean demeanor she spoke volumes to a disobedient child; but with her gentle merciful hands, she showed love to a loveless child. I shall never forget the day she told me, "A young lady must always have integrity." I didn't know what integrity meant...what second grader would have. Nevertheless, all my life I've been on a quiet quest to embrace integrity. She had a pinch that would make you upright, and when you were good, a smile that would display pure delight. I'll fover keep her memory in my heart and in the way that I live....with integrity!

Then it was off to my book signing. As I sat there I thought about all the teachers that nurtured the writer in me. We should be grateful and celebrate educators all over because without someone teaching us how to read and write, there would be no authors.

I was so honored to be in the presence of so many who have embraced my spiritual quest to openly reveal my life, so that some young woman, somewhere will be healed. I was told today that our young men won't change until our young women change........I do believe that the strength of a woman will encourage a man but how can she change when she doesn't know how. The answer is always and most certainly....JESUS! So as the book was purchased and I signed every copy, I prayed a special prayer that JESUS would arrest the reader and allow this book "Not Until You're Ready" to break the strong holds that are in their lives.
So as it is I've awaken to the reality that life is but a vapor but with the same awakening I understand that it's up to me to make the most of the vapor! "Teach me Oh Lord, how to number my days upon the Earth."
Be blessed always
Danyelle

No comments: