Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Kid You Help Today, Will Praise You Later

On yesterday we funeralized my great-aunt. Although it was a sad occasion, it was a blessed time. We celebrated her life with stories of all she'd done. It was amazing to see people come up one by one and everyone talked so candidly of how her house was the haven for kids. As I sat listening, I remembered when adults actually took out the time to nurture not only their children but someone else children. Can you remember when?

I just wondered if my aunt knew that what she did on each day would gain her the highest praise and embed a mark in each mind concerning her? One of her grands even read Proverbs 31. How awesome will it be to become that kind of woman? So I guess my quest today is to just encourage all women to be the best woman that you can be by helping a child. We already wear a lot of hats and sometimes we do get tired but we must be reminded every now in then, "Don't get weary in well doing because in due season we will reap if we faint not!" Wear all of those hats proudly and remember even if you never live to see it on this side, you will be praise in the gates!

There are millions of children who never get the love that they deserve and need to be nurtured into successful people. So many are in homes where parents try to show their love by what they've provided and just like in marriages....that doesn't work. You can show me something but sometimes I don't get the visual unto you use spoken word. You need to say it (I love you) as you show it. Today I'm challenging every person who reads this blog to help a kid somewhere, somehow. They are truly our future and who knows, if you help them now, they'll praise you later.

Be Blessed
In Memory of Doretha Lott

Here's some info about the kids I've decided to help:
They attend the Stephens Boxing & Fitness Gym in Shreveport Louisiana. This is a place where young males go to learn to challenge their energy into something positive. The goal of the "Road To Glory" boxing team is to become successful young men who are disciplined and fit for the future and not failure. If you'd like to contribute to my choice call 318-286-5491. All of your donations are truly needed and highly appreciated. To learn more go to www.stephensboxingandfitness.com.

To learn more about author Danyelle Scroggins visit www.danyellescroggins.com.

No comments: