Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Joy of the Lord (Is our Strength)

Good Sunday Morning!
I woke up this morning grateful and thankful that the Lord allowed me to witness another day. We often take for granted the opportunity to breathe. Earlier this week, I experienced an asthma attack and as those of you who have asthma can agree, it's not too fun. I had to find something spiritual in what I'd experienced and I came to the conclusion that God allowed so I can see just how valuable breathing is. Because I know that there is so much in store for me, the enemy has been informed that..."No weapon formed against me shall prosper."

Now, I decided to grace you with this story because whereas I was fighting for another breath, one of my neighbors tried to stop breathing by suicide on yesterday. I first got mad because the devil thought he could send his demons this close to my house. So I prayed and now I know I must go into warfare for my surroundings. As I prayed for her, I was reminded of how awesome God truly is. Had it not been for the grace of God, I probably would have lost my mind this year. But God! So, I am praying that she and those of you who are going through grab a hold to the God that heareth, healeth, and holds us tightly in His hands. There is nothing too hard for God.

Yes, I can see how troubles can become too seemingly unbearable but thank God for the "But." Here is the "But"..."Cast your cares upon me because I careth for you." God cares for you and when you come to your breaking point, this is when you must pray. Some of us won't pray until we come to a breaking point! So guess what, we have them just so the Father that loves us so much can hear from us and know that we are still depending upon Him. In all that you go through in this life, you must remember my new and fabulous quote that God gave me..."Everyday is a new day to start a new life." No matter what yesterday handed you, today is a new day to change things. When we change our minds, we change our situations and maybe that's all my neighbor or your need; a changed situation. Remember that there is nothing too hard for God even if it seems too hard for you. You got to hold on to your joy! And you can find joy when you understand that if you praise God with renewed joy, God's joy will be your strength. Be Blessed.

No comments: