Sunday, April 19, 2009

Romance the Right Way!

I had the distinc priviledge of chattering with some Christian women about marriage the other day. Some were really frustrated that their marriages never compared to the marriages they read about in romance novels or Christian fiction books. Today, most Christian authors are really dealing with real life circumstances and situations and I say, "Hats Off!!!" As a author, when the notion to write is made manifest and I begin to type away, I often think what affect will this writing have on the reader. So many women are reading and so many are wishing that their relationships would resemble those in the books....but they rally do.

Now the question is....Can they? Can a Christian marriage be filled with romance? Of course my answer is "certainly", but sometimes this requires more work on the woman's behalf. Yeah! Yeah! I know your saying, "But I'm tired, that's the only way I get romance....if I initiate it." Well, do you want it? It shouldn't matter who initiates it, just as long as your partner participates.

I've talked to many women who are Christians who've had affairs outside of their marriages. I ask the same question....."Couldn't you be getting that at home"? And I recieve the same answer...."Yes, but I'm tired of being the one with the great ideas". Well look at it this way...Even when you're cheating, as the woman you are probably the one who puts on a teddy. You are the one who cooks a delicate, delicious meal. You are probably the one who packs the candles although he has packed the wine. So as you see, it still takes effort. But isn't it amazing how when you are cheating, you rally need all the other stuff. That's because sin is so over-rated. There is just so much hype when you are sneaking around hiding....but guess what? You can't hide from God.

I think I'd rather ignite that same type of hype in my own marriage and be found righteous before God, than to risk being romanced by another man that's not my husband and dying on the way home from the romantic trip. Let's be real... the protection shield around you becomes fragile when you live a life of sin. If sin separates you from God, how can you feel protected when you're committing sin? Remember ladies, God made you a help meet and you can help your husband meet your needs by guiding him sometimes. Make things happen in your own home, with your own husband. You'd be surprised at how your husband misses the teddy, the champagne, and the things you use to do before you got married. Always remember things will get better but, "It's Not Until You're Ready!"
Be Blessed, Danyelle

No comments: